Route 15 Northbound Lanes and Ramps Closed For Emergency Bridge Deck Repairs in Wharton, Morris County
One lane on the I-80 westbound Exit 34 ramp to Route 15 northbound also closed
(Trenton) – New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the left and center lanes on Route 15 northbound, as well one lane on the I-80 westbound Exit 34 ramp to Route 15 northbound are closed for emergency bridge repairs in Wharton, Morris County.
Beginning at approximately 9:30 a.m. today, Thursday, August 12, NJDOT’s contractor, IEW Construction Group, closed the left and center lanes on Route 15 northbound, and the left lane of the I-80 westbound Exit 34 ramp to Route 15 northbound to make emergency concrete and deck repairs to the Parker Road Bridge over Route 15, which is an on ramp to Route 15 southbound.
In addition, the ramp from Union Turnpike to Route 15 northbound is closed just past E. Dewey Avenue. The ramp from Union Turnpike to I-80 eastbound remains open. The lane and ramps will remain closed today with work expected to be completed late tonight. Motorists should expect congestion and delays through the evening commute.
The following detours are in place:
Union Turnpike ramp to Route 15 northbound detour:
• Motorists wishing to take the ramp from the Union Turnpike ramp to Route 15 northbound will be directed to turn left onto E. Dewey Avenue/CR 642
• Turn right on N. Main Street/CR 634
• Stay right to take the ramp to Route 15 northbound
Parker Road to Route 15 southbound detour:
• Motorists on Parker Road wishing to take Route 15 southbound will be directed to take the ramp to Route 15 northbound
• Stay left and use the left two lanes to Pondview Drive
• Turn left onto Route 15 southbound
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website www.511nj.org for construction updates and real-time travel information. For NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NewJerseyDOT and our Facebook page.